Sunday, February 15, 2009

Not the best weekend

Ok here goes I don’t want to get into details if you want that you know how to e-mail me. Nutshell of the sadness Steven and I are backing up our relationship and he is a friend only. That’s all I want to say on the matter on here. This being said that leads into he did not make it out here to see me this weekend as I had thought he would.

So on Friday I went to the office to get the lug nuts on my tire fixed, and I talked with some old friends there. It was a lot of fun to catch up, and I then came home, and cleaned and relaxed then went to dinner, and I had a long talk with Rachel, and then came home, and went to bed.

I got up early, and went to the Renaissance Festival. I took some videos with my cell phone, and am not sure how well they came out, but I’m going to try to post them up here at the end of this post. I also have a few pictures that I took with my cell phone, and hope they turn out ok to put up here as well. Cell phones are good when you keep forgetting your camera. This weekend I mainly stayed near the Pirate Shanty man and his Bonnie Lass. They were doing a different show every time so it was fun to see what they did. They are really sweet people too. We also watched Cast in Bronze, Clan Tynker, and the tail end of London broil. SO my videos are of Pirate, Cast in Bronze and Clan Tynker, and I have a picture of Cast in Bronze and The pirates. Cast in Bronze is an amazing experience. This one man who is ‘the spirit’ of the bells, takes this amazing 4 tone instrument with 35 bells, and uses his hands and feet to play it. Combined with modern music he shares his gift and the beauty of the bells with anyone who comes. I own all his cds, DVDs, book, poster, and even a vhs. He has a website if you’re interested, and is just a real amazing man. Whom I’ve been watching since he first came to the festival. Clan Tynker is a family of 5 siblings and one brother in law, and they do all kinds of things juggling, stilt walking, playing with fire, Asian dance, poi, and much more they are a great family act and just a fun site to see. I’ve been watching them since they were a cart that found space on the ground to perform now they have a stage. The Pirate Shanty man, and Bonnie Lass are my newest thing they have been at the festival 3 years, and I watched them and liked their humor and family friendly show. It’s comedy, music and fun pirate style. Now they have 4 different shows take the kids to the early ones is my advice. That’s it for the shows I saw this week, but I also ran into the Wyld Men whom I have been going to for years. They do theater in the mud, and are amazing. I also ran into my friend from Tartanic. Next week my hope is to go see Adam Crack (whip show), Clan Tynker, London broil, and of course the wyld man and pirates. WE will see what happens though. Never know once we get there things have a way of changing. I hope you enjoy the photos and videos.

Cast In Bronze


This is how it's played


Shanty Man and Bonnie Lass


Bonnie Lass

The "clean" song just a tad it's soo funny


Clan Tynker Fure juggeling (quality is bad sorry)

2 comments:

Joann said...

Look like you had fun at the festival as always. Sorry about Steven hun. Be sure to email me about. Love ya

Krause Crew said...

I am glad you still enjoyed yourself at the festival. I hope that you are okay with the Steven thing. Take care. Love ya.