Sunday, November 30, 2008

Bananas bananas and not a monkey in site

So this week has been one of those weeks where you realize how much you have, and how much you love, but due to reality you can’t be with those you love most. It was thanksgiving week, and work was normal for the most part on Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday came along, and I got off work early REALLY early for me because all my kids were gone. So that was the start of me being alone for Thanksgiving. My room mate was going out of town to be with her family, and that is cool. My whole family was out of town for the holiday as well, and I was thinking about going to be with them, but work made that difficult as did the weather. For the first time in a long time it FELT like fall. I know for those that live in like the east it’s like that’s not anything, but for us here in Phoenix it’s a big deal. It was raining all day Wednesday and it was chilly it was BEAUTIFUL! I love the rain when we get it here. Thursday I got to sleep, and just enjoy the weather I had though about going out to eat, but I decided I was much happier at home. Friday came, and I went to work where I had only a few kids and was bored out of my skull, but at the same point I was entertained. Babies can entertain you no matter what I’ve decided this except when they are sleeping. I got a lot done, and then got to go home, and I went to dinner with Rachel. We decided to go to Outback Steakhouse, and I love going there, and we had strawberry bulls SOOOO yummy! It was great, and then we went to Borders where I tortured myself going I want this and I want that. I have been banned from buying anything till after Christmas just incase someone gets me something. Rachel was looking at a Twilight book, and they had a section of Twilight stuff, and I wanted to get a few things. She was like go ahead, and I was like I’m banned what if someone gets me it for Christmas? She was like just get the soundtrack, and I was like then if I get one for Christmas where am I? Stuck with two? She was like never mind, and then I found a book I wanted. It was fun, but horrible at the same time cause Borders is like the place for me LOL! After we were done there we went to Wal-mart it was nice we just kind of looked around for a few things, and I got the rest of my Christmas shopping done, and bought myself some cute new pj’s. I haven’t heard what I am doing with the family for Christmas stuff, and knowing my blasted luck I’ll hear about it like when it’s too late to go out and get stuff. I love my family, and hate when I miss times with them. Like when I missed the lake trip and they discussed things I missed that, and now Thanksgiving I missed, and I know they must of talked about Christmas. I’m not trying to separate myself from my family. I can’t help if work comes along and bites my butt. Anyhow, we went home, and then Saturday Rachel and I got together, and had breakfast at Sonic (yippee we all know I just LOVE Sonic. Since I live there LOL thanks to work) we then went to her house and made banana bread for her co workers for Christmas. It was fun we watched a movie, and baked, and she had extra bananas so I got them. This made me want to make my own banana bread. We went to lunch at a place called Dazzo Dogs its soooooooo yummy its Chicago style hot dogs and stuff. It’s a great little place you wouldn’t even know about if someone didn’t tell you about it. After that we went to Lane Bryant cause I wanted to look at the stuff they had since they had a great sale, but I ended up buying nothing. SO we went to Frys and got all I needed to make banana bread. I came home, and cleaned, did laundry and baked it was like 9 or 10 when I was finally done with everything. I was all domestic, and made banana nut bread with chocolate chips. There is about 9 or 10 mini loafs and my house smells so good. It reminds me of when I lived at home, and my mom would make banana bread the same way with nuts and chocolate chips. It is great, and now I’m in a cooking baking mood. So I have to go look through some cook books and see what more I can make. It’s officially the holidays cause I have to much going on that I’m not sure when I’ll do more cooking and baking, but that’s ok. I’ll keep things updated I’m sure I’ll have some down time. Keep smiling ya’ll! Fairy blessings and peace be with you always.

1 comment:

Joann said...

Sorry you were all alone Thanksgiving. For Family Christmas. Mom and Dad are just going to each person house. You have Jason's family this christmas (we decided to do it wear you just bump one down of birth order. so in your case this year Jason, next year Julie. So I have this year so gimmie ideas of what you would like. And family pics got changed to Jan.3 (cause Krauses won't be down til 29th and Parker has a party that weekend)For parents gift, Julie should be emailing everyone about it.