Sunday, November 23, 2008

Twlight and Happy Days my thoughts

So over the weekend I did a few things. Saturday I went to see Twilight, and enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I knew going into it that my minds version and reality would be two VERY different things, but as far as I am concerned everything was pretty much how I thought it should be. If you haven’t read the books you will still enjoy the movie. I took two different people who have not read the books and they both enjoyed the movie. I know a total of three people who saw it without reading the books and enjoyed it and two of them want to read the books now. If you want no spoilers or don’t want to know details I suggest not reading because I am about to get a little detailed. (Just skip to the next paragraph if you want no Twilight talk)

I have lots of things I really liked about the movie, but for me I pictured Bella’s bedroom a little bigger, but I absolutely love the way her and her father interact with each other, and how their relationship is. I also had a totally more Victorian looking home in my minds eye when I read about the Cullen’s home. So, when it came to their home it was not what I expected, but it was nicely done, and I enjoyed it. Edward’s bedroom was very different as well for some reason I had this idea that his room was actually more roomy than it came out in the movie, but again you can’t put everyone’s vision into a movie right? I think I had a lot of moments I really liked. I thought it was funny when Edward asked Bella to distract him, so he wouldn’t go back and kill the guys, and she told him to put his seat belt on. I also really liked the first kiss scene I think it was the longest I’m going to kiss you moment EVER, but at the same point it showed how vulnerable Edward was and how fragile he views Bella, and when he feels he has gone too far, the disappointment he showed on this face was very good as well. I am excited for New Moon to come out and think I’ll stop talking about the movie now.

So then after that I went to Rachel’s we just hung out and relaxed went out to Olive Garden for dinner, and then home to bed. Today Sunday I went to see Happy Days the Musical. It was really cute I enjoyed it more than I can put into words. I loved the original songs and just the story itself. I remember watching happy days as a kid and to see characters like Mr. C, Richie and the Fonz brought to life was fun. I donated $25 to charity and got a poster signed by the cast. It was fun to a degree it reminded me of All Shoko up I think mainly because of the 50’s feel to it, and it did have a moment with Elvis and James Dean very nice.

Over all great weekend and hope yours was too!

No comments: