Sunday, May 2, 2010

Full Moon

My week was filled with getting off late ALLOT. We are SEVERELY short staffed at work, and they are trying to remedy the issues, but it's not a easy fix. I totally understand the issues on both my coworkers side, and my boss's side. I'm just praying that solutions come before people get to upset and call state or corporate. Due to the lack of teachers, and sudden increase of children. I have been spending my mornings mainly in the ones, twos or three's. I mainly go where I am needed then in afternoons I'm usually in the Infants, and usually once a week I spend a entire day alone in the infant room. Because the opener of the infants has to be used in another room. It's very interesting, and challenging, but it shall be OK in the end. Last week I got to see a play called 39 Steps. It was funny, and I found myself really enjoying it. This week I have been dealing with allot of personally emotional stuff and trying to face certain demons of my passed. Usually I am OK with it, and can handle it well, but I believe with how I've been sick and the stress at work it's making this all a whole new challenge. I'm feeling better now, but getting to the point of feeling "better" sure hasn't been to easy. I had a few crazy things happen this week like a man trying to 'lure' me to his truck sealing perfume. I'm sorry, but I was taught as a child don't go to strangers cars, and I'm an adult now. Your not going to be the passage in a car and yell at me from your car, and except me to be going to your truck do you? I can't see your driver your a LARGE man, and who knows what's in your truck. After they realized I'd not go there they tried to get the employee of the store I was at to go, and then they went to Sonic where I was headed, and tire to get people there too. They then went to Blockbuster and tried as well, and they finally left, but it was certainly interesting. I then when I was at Sonic had some guy accidentally pay for my meal, and the lady at Sonic didn't know how to fix it. I was like wow, and then later this weekend I had a cashier who couldn't understand her job. The poor people in front of me couldn't speak allot of English. He had to make 2 different transactions because he was getting food and non food and the first payment was on a card that was for food only. So OK she got through that, and then she tried to get my attention for his clothes. I explained twice that the items in front of me where his. He tired to say it as well, and she didn't get it. FINALLY after 5 minutes she got they were HIS. He was going to pay cash and then the rest on a card. Now this isn't to hard to do even I know how to do it. I haven't been in retail in MANY years, but I know you run the cash then do the rest on a card. Well the lady couldn't figure out to run the cash then the card. This poor man was trying to explain in his limited English what he wanted, and even he 2 people behind me understood. So I explained to the cashier that he wanted to use the cash first ten the rest on a card. She still didn't understand it, and so he finally said as best he could that he didn't want a item so he could just use the cash to pay. The cashier didn't understand. So I explained he wanted to put one item back, and use only cash. The cashier then couldn't figure out how to void the item. I was like you hit void and re ring it, but I didn't say anything my patients was thin, and she wasn't listening. So I took a breath while she left the register to get help. Instead of using the phone thing to get help she's running around. The poor man was looking at me I shrugged and tried to explain she was coming back. It was a 20-30 min ordeal before I finally was able to leave. I had new sushi experience this weekend as well. I found eel is pretty good. I watched Avatar this weekend as well, and I really didn't get the point of it. I think it was beautiful, but it was about 2 hours too long in my opinion. Today I am catching up on everything, and wondering if I ever will get to where I need. Hope your week is wonderful and full of peace and comfort.

No comments: