Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

This week wasn't to bad I kind of went everywhere under the moon in the mornings and spent the afternoons with infants. We had a little craziness with a custody thing with these two parents, and the police showed up, and the four year old I was with were a little concerned as to why there was cops in front of the school, and yelling, but over all considering it wasn't to bad. I got off early a few times which was nice, and it was teacher appreciation week, and I got a couple lovely thank yous. I never went into being a teacher for the thanks, but it sure does make things nicer. It's nice to see how much the parents truly do appreciate all we do with their little ones. I love seeing them grow, and their brains developing, and how much they retain. In fact this week I was in the 3 1/2 year old room and they were making mother's day gifts with water color. Most of the time you can't really tell what they make, and allot of the time when they say it's a dog or tree you have to write it down. Well, one little girl made very delicate people. I asked her when she started what she was making, and she said 'mommy' and I looked at this 'dot' and said OK. I went back later, and she said she was made her mommy and grandma and was making her baby brother. These 'dots' were no longer 'dots' one 'dot' had sunglasses on and arms and legs, and that was mommy. Grandma was a little bigger and had 'flowers' I was impressed. After a while she was done, and I saw this finished BEAUTIFUL water color. It was so awesome and she said it was mommy (the one with sunglasses) grandma (with flowers) the little one was her baby brother, and the other was her, and then she had little ones that were just 'people' I almost cried it was so wonderful. The lead teacher of the class was almost in tears too. She took this child to show off her work to all the classes. Everyone was amazed by it, and about 30 min later I asked her what it was, and she said it was the same thing she had said previously. And a hour later it was the same. It was so precious, and that is when both the other teacher and I were like THIS is what it's ALL about. It was great. Friday I got off early and got a bunch of stuff done around the house, and after that we went out to Kabuki it's a Japanese sushi place. I have been trying different types of sushi lately, and finding I like allot of it. So Kabuki was just another place to try. I had a Large Roll with shrimp, egg, cucumber and something else in it. We also had a scallop roll. With it I got teryaki chicken which was good as well. You eat with chop sticks, and it's a great place. I had a mint lemonade which actually was DELICIOUS! and Trisha and I shared a appletini which was good too. Saturday was a good day as well. I took my friend Darrell to see Phantom at a dinner theater, and they did a GREAT job. I'm always impressed with the shows they do, and the talented people in this place. I had a salad and chicken and for dessert I had a founde all VERY good. After that Darrell came over and helped me install a security door and a ceiling fan. It was a productive night, and I had a GREAT time. We all planned to have a dinner party this coming Friday since the plan for me to make dinner got messed with when the door took a little longer than I thought it would. Today is Sunday, and I am FINALLY done cleaning up the house and doing laundry and just catching up with ALL I didn't get done. I didn't realize how much I had to do around the house, and i thought i had allot of it done Friday. Today is mother's day, and I am SO GRATEFUL for my mother. She is a blessing in my life, and a great source of strength. She and I have had tough times when I was growing up, and some times you had to wonder why she loved me so. I am grateful she loved and continues to love me and support me. I look to her for strength, and for a true source of PURE love. I know the choices I have made in my life are not what she would WANT me to do. Yet, she has never judged me nor tried to make me be anything less than who I am. I am grateful for everything she has and continues to do for me. I love her with all that I am.

No comments: