Monday, October 10, 2011

lovey

Monday was a nice day. It was a holiday so the numbers at school were low. I worked with the younger kids one year olds and two year olds. I didn't get to be with the infants for more than maybe 20 min. It was nice I got off work early, and had a lovely day. The weather was beautiful, and I took advantage of that, and enjoyed some outside time to myself.

Tuesday was a interesting day I worked with the older 3 year olds and then the 2's and then the older one year olds. I wasn't needed in the infant room because it's been so low in there. We have a closer in there now so its been nice. It's weird being a floater, but at the same time I am honored they have that much confidence in me to put me ANYWHERE.

Wednesday I was in my infants for maybe 10-20 minutes. I worked in kindergarten and older ones. I also had a migraine all day long and it was not fun.

Thursday I worked with the older one year olds again. I'm starting to get really frustrated with having to be in that class all the time. It's not my room it's not my class and I'm just so tired of dealing with them alone all the time. I'm hoping next week things will be different when we hire more people.

Friday was a trying day for me. I went to bed with my back hurting, and woke and it was still hurting. I think allot of it is because I have to pick up those heavier kids and change them. So when I got to work today I asked to please not be alone, and that I was in allot of pain. I spent the morning with my older one year olds. Then in the afternoon I was actually with the infants for a change. It was so nice to be with them again, and I was so happy to see them, and them me. We had a new baby that started today, and she choked. It was scary, and I didn't have fun. She was in her crib, and suddenly got really quiet. TOO quiet, and so I looked over, and I thought she was spitting up. So I went to her and sat her up, and she was making a weird noise, and I saw something in her mouth. I couldn't do a blind sweep. I just had a cpr/first aide class Saturday so it was fresh in my mind. So I picked her up and faced her down and hit her back, and I was able to grab the label out of her mouth. She started crying and I held her and all was fine. She somehow managed to get a label from a label maker in her mouth. Scary times, but all was well, and I got to go home after that. I came home and relaxed and tried to get rid of my headache and backache.

Saturday I rested alot I didn't do alot I just felt like doing nothing, and did alot of NOTHING. I did go to the mall and get 2 shirts, but then came home and just spent time with myself. Low key restful day. It was weird to be so alone, but nice.

Sunday I enjoyed the peace of the day and did some low key things. It was lovely

No comments: