Sunday, November 1, 2009

Two weeks, Vacation and Halloween

Monday I was in the infant room pretty much all day. Apparently Amber has the flu and will be out all week. So that means infants for me mainly I hope. I hope she feels better soon. Tuesday was in the infant room nothing major happened. Wednesday was a repeat of Tuesday only I was very tired. Thursday was exciting I was in infants all day. It started off with what we thought was going to be observations. Well another schools water main broke so we got 30 kids from that school and 5 teachers. It was interesting for sure. Friday I took a early shift so I could come home and pack for my trip. We are leaving tonight. It’s me, Rachel, Ethan, and Jonathan, and we are going to Tombstone, and then to the cabin, and I will have details when I am back.

My trip Oct 2009
I went on a trip to southern Arizona and northern Arizona with Rachel, Trisha, Ethan and Jonathan. We left Friday, and stayed in a hotel just outside of tombstone. We then went into tombstone, and spent the day there. We visited the worlds largest rose bush, Birdcage Theater, Boothill grave yard and many shops. Our first stop was to Boothill Graveyard this is a place where many were laid to rest after deaths. Some of the deaths were normal fro the 1800’s. The first story I learned was of the first grave I visited of a 3 month old child who died of pneumonia. Her father was laid to rest not far from her for the color of his shirt. The story is that he would come to her grave and grief of the loose of his baby. In order to help him feel better the care taker suggested for the man to buy a shirt. So the father did buy a shirt of color, and many made fun of him. One day he said that if another person made a comment of his shirt he would shoot them. Well someone did make a comment, and he did shoot them, but they shot back thus his death. There were many other stories to go with the graves, but I do not have enough space to write them all. I did get my picture take at the grave site of the three men who died in the ok corral shoot out. I also did take a moment to talk to the china lady at her grave there is a photo of it. From there we went to the worlds largest rose bush. This bush is AMAZING it was brought to tombstone from England. It’s never really needed to be to cared for and it was amazing. From there we went to the birdcage theater. The birdcage theater was opened 24 hours a day 7 days a week. It was a place of women, gambling, drinking and shootings. It’s still mainly in its original state still holding 16 bullet holes. The painting within has her own story of bullets and knifes. She still is in pretty good condition considering. This place is highly haunted, and every time I go there is a experience for me to have. I took pictures, and not much showed up in them. I did see a blue light that I couldn’t find explanation for, and I did get touched and felt a cold presence in the main hall. I went to the poker room where I smelled lilac perfume as well. From there we mainly walked the streets and visited shops. I did make a stop at the Crystal Palace where the energy was VERY high, but no experiences were had. I did get a old time photo taken which was a lot of fun. From there we went to go to my cabin located in Parks which is near Flagstaff. It took us a bit of time to get there because of construction on the road. However once we were there it was BEAUTIFUL weather. We explored Jerome, but were late for the haunted tour we wanted to go on. Luckily for us we were able to go back the next day. So we got ourselves reserved and everything. We got to learn a lot about Jerome. We also were allowed to take pictures of areas and use EMF detector. An EMF detector basically lets the person holding it know when there is a spike of electric magnetic activity. It is believed that in order for a spirit to manifest itself it will gather energy from where it can. We went to a school and I felt that there was things roaming about. I had many spiked on my EMF detector. I got pushed and pulled on, and the guide then let us go inside the building where not much happened, but I did get a photo of a woman that I can’t explain. She wasn’t apart of our group and she was not seen by anyone. We also ate at the Haunted Hamburger it is haunted, and it was a lot of fun. We then went to the Grand Canyon which for me wasn’t a big deal. I’ve seen it and think it’s beautiful, but taking people who hadn’t seen it was fun. It was VERY cold that day, and we went to Williams. I got to visit the red garter and enjoyed food from it. I did have one odd experience I had bought a really cute little rock like charm. I was going to place it on a ribbon. We had stopped near a place where a man had been murdered and never brought to justice. The store was closed, and Ethan was talking to me about how sad it was that he was never brought to justice. That’s when the rock charm fell to of my hand and broke it was like he was saying yeah it sucks. Then we went to Flagstaff and just bummed around and enjoyed the snow no more major activities happened. Just relaxed and then came home

Oct 30 (Friday) I spent the day relaxing and catching up on everything that needed to be caught up. Then I went to dinner with Trisha, and then we went to Rachel’s parents to set up for Halloween.

Saturday Halloween Fun! So I over slept MAJORLY on Saturday morning, but part of it is I am starting to catch something. I hope it’s not a major cold or anything, but I slept a lot, and then went to lunch with Trisha, and we then ran errands getting everything for tonight, and then we went to Rachel’s. We all got dressed up we had Jonathan and his brother David that were wraths. Rachel was a witch, Trisha was a sexy nun, Ethan was the bridesmaid, and I was the dead ‘frozen’ bride with glowing heart. We all then went to Rachel’s parents house where we had a graveyard set up. It was so much fun, and we had A LOT of people come by. Some came back not for candy, but just to play and be scared. Others came back for photos or whatnot. It was a lot of fun, and we went through all our candy. After that we all went to eat and then came home. Hope your Halloween was safe and fun!

Now here it is Sunday Nov. 1 and I am finally back to caught up and ready for whatever normal is. However the Holidays are going to be here faster than realized, and there will be good stuff to come. I am looking forward to seeing Phantom of the Opera this week. Have a wonderful week until next time friends.

No comments: